You can do everything in your power to keep your air conditioner in tip-top shape. For instance, you can have an HVAC professional remove the cottonwood from your unit. Air conditioners love cottonwood. They seem to attract and hold on to it. This causes the coils to become clogged and improper operation when you need it the most. However, in some instances, you can do everything right and may still need to replace the unit because of one reason. It breaks.
Other Reasons an Air Conditioner Unit May Need to be Replaced.
Your air conditioner unit may give you notice that it needs to be replaced before it actually breaks. These telltale signs may indicate that you need to replace some part of the unit or the entire unit. For instance, some rooms in your home may be too hot or too cold. Sometimes duct problems or improper equipment could be the problem.
If your air conditioner is noisy, that could be a sign that the duct system is undersized, or the interior coil of your unit’s cooling equipment needs to be fixed. A major telltale sign is the unit must be repaired frequently. This means the unit is on its way out and your energy bills are increasing.
Six Signs It’s Time to Replace the Air Conditioner in Your Residence.
It may sound like a bad joke, but you know when your air conditioner needs replacement when you see these six signs. Air conditioning replacement Tulsa OK does not have to come as a surprise when you notice the six signs:
- Your home isn’t as comfortable. When you have a hard time keep your cool in the Tulsa, OK weather, your unit may be too old. It may be incorrectly sized. In both instances, you probably have to replace the unit.
- The unit’s age. An air conditioner more than 10-years-old is close to retirement. If the unit is well-maintained, it can remain operational for about 15 years.
- Frequently breaks. A unit may break sometimes. However, it shouldn’t keep breaking down. The money invested in repairs could go to a new air conditioner.
- The air conditioning unit is not efficient. Any unit with a low SEER rating will cost a lot of money to remain operational. A SEER rating should be at 13.
- Expensive repairs. This is different from an air conditioner frequently breaking. This means the unit is in need of one or more big repairs. The repair will be costly. It may be better to use that money to buy a new unit instead of repair it.
- Your unit uses R 22 Freon. An air conditioner that uses Freon must be replaced. The federal government is phasing out Freon. The phaseout is in Tulsa and nationwide for the new R410A refrigerant.
An air conditioning unit replacement does not have to catch you off guard. Be proactive and notice the telltale signs that your air conditioning unit needs to be replaced.…