Boat Storage Made Simpler
People who are lucky enough to own boats often are not as lucky when it comes to finding the right kind of Boat Storage. While the self storage industry has grown by leaps and bounds over the past few years, not everybody has been able to keep pace with the technology required to safely keep large and heavy objects, especially those with motor parts. This is possibly why storage companies that offer RV storage, Car storage, Furniture storage and Boat storage are few and far between. This article takes a closer look at what makes an ordinary warehouse or garage storage unit into the perfect boat storage facility. Be sure to check for these things when you go looking for storing space for your vehicle.
* The first and foremost thing that a facility to store boats needs is a good size. Boats are delicate structures and cannot be stacked or made to lean on one another. There has to be sufficient room not just to park the vehicle, but also for workmen to move around and take care of any repair jobs that it may need.
* Even after you ascertain the space, be sure that your boat gets the space it needs.
* As regards the area needed to house a boat, the location could be outside or inside. While outside storage units are susceptible to weather conditions, they are also a whole lot cheaper. Provided the weather is temperate, it is an option as good as any.
* Boat storage facilities that are inside a garage often have the disadvantage of being located underground, but at least they stay away from the onslaught of rain and wind which can cause a lot of damage over a long period of time.
* On account of their being expensive high value items, it is worthwhile to invest in some care for your vehicle while it languishes in boat storage.
* Experienced staff that know what they are doing are always a big advantage. Try to get some pain jobs and minor repairs included in the storage cost itself.
* Boats are made of very different materials – you may want to consult the seller to see any specific care that your vehicle may require. The company that you entrust your boat with should also have a few consultants that you should make it a point to talk to about risks and the best way to mitigate them.
* It is also important to consider the safety of the self storage units. While boats may seem like a difficult item to steal, people have been known to take away parts and then the boat bit by bit.
* Find out the security systems in use as well as the past history of the place as regards its crime record.
Be sure to invest in insurance. It may add to the cost of your boat storage, but is a small price to pay for the peace of mind that it will give you. You should also try and choose a facility that is not too far as otherwise the cost of transport could end up being very high. Transit damages are common, so make sure you have the boat checked before it boards the transport vehicle.